Business and Law School is one of the best academic institutes available in town for CSS preparation. Our pivotal aim is to make sure that we help our students clear the CSS exams in a single attempt while having educational and comprehensive classes to get the students prepared with the proficiency they need to flourish and succeed in their first attempt. Furthermore we also have the best faculty and amongst them are those who have cleared their CSS examinations and are currently working within various departments of governmental organisations. BLS is therefore the best choice that one can make when opting for an institution which aims for the best.
Introduction to CSS:
CSS is short for Central Superior Service exam. These examinations are conducted by Federal Public Service Commission Islamabad for the recruitment of candidates to posts in the following services under the Federal Government:
- Commerce and Trade Services
- Custom and Excise Services
- District Management Group
- Foreign service of Pakistan
- Income Tax Group
- Information Group
- Military Lands and Cantonment Groups
- Office Management Group
- Pakistan Audit and Accounts service
- Police Service of Pakistan
- Postal Services Group
- Railways (Commercial and Transportation) Group
Structure of CSS examinations:
CSS consists of the following parts:
- Written Examination
- Medical Test
- Psychological Test
- Viva Voice
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria in order to appear for the CSS examination:
Nationality Criteria: The applicant must be a citizen of Pakistan or permanent resident of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
Educational Criteria: The applicant must have a Bachelor Degree with at least 2nd division from a university of Pakistan or equivalent qualification from foreign university recognised by the Higher Education Commission (HEC). A candidate having 3rd division in his or her Bachelor Degree may only apply IF he or she has secured a higher division in the Masters Degree.
- Age Criteria: The age limit for candidate applying for CSS exam is 21 to 30 years. The age limit is relaxed by 2 years (making it 32 years) for candidates currently serving as government employee or belonging to recognised tribes and areas.
Other important details:
- A candidate cannot appear in CSS exam more than 3 times.
- Written exam has 6 compulsory papers and six optional papers (to be selected from the list of subjects offered)
- The minimum mark for qualifying compulsory paper is 40% and for optional its 33%
Link to the official website ( http://www.fpsc.gov.pk/ )