In order to be eligible to apply to the Bar Council and seek enrolment as an advocate to practice law, one is required to pass a Law Graduate Assessment Test (LAW-GAT). Business and Law School (BLS) is helping future lawyers prepare for the LAW-GAT test with help of our supremely experienced and talented faculty.
Our aim is to make sure that students get a grip over the subjects and learn how to solve MCQs with our 10 day extensive and thorough LAW-GAT preparation program. The program has been initiated by BLS to give everyone an equal opportunity to do well in the test and make ones dream a reality.
This is a MCQs based test with the marks and subject allocation as follows:
- Constitution: the net percentage is of 10% with the subject being divided into 3 parts namely :
- World constitution
- Constitutional history of Pakistan
- 1973 Constitutional history of Pakistan.
- Jurisprudence: this part of the curriculum is further divided into 2 parts; i) English and ii) Islamic with the total net percentage of 10%.
- Civil Law: under this head the following are to be studied:
- The Code of Civil Procedure 1908
- Laws of Contract/Limitation/Torts/Specific Relief and
- Maxims Equity with a total net percentage of 20%.
- Criminal Law:
- Pakistan Penal Code 1860
- Code of Criminal Procedure 1898 and
- Law of Qisas and Diyat constitute the Criminal Law test, with a total net percentage of 20%.
- Law of Evidence: consists of
- Qanoon e Shahadat Order 1984 and
- Principles with a total net percentage of 20%.
- International Law: includes public and private with a total net percentage of 10%.
- Cannons of professional conduct and Etiquettes of Advocate as prescribed under Chapter XII of the Pakistan Legal Practitioners & Bar Councils Rules, 1976 holding a total net percentage of 5%.
- English Language: Total net percentage 5%.